return to allah forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

return to allah forum

Forum comprehensive nature distinct religious

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Attack upon the Muslims

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mahmoud younis
Admin

The Last Attack upon the Muslims Empty
PostSubject: The Last Attack upon the Muslims   The Last Attack upon the Muslims I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 am

When the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] settled down in his head quarters in the hillock, the idolaters started their last attack upon the Muslims. Ibn Ishaq related that: "While the Prophet [pbuh] was on the way to the hillock, a group of Quraishite elite ascended the mountain. They were led by Khalid bin Al-Waleed and Abu Sufyan. So the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] implored his Lord saying: ‘O Allâh, they (i.e. the idolaters) should not be higher (i.e. in position or in power) than us (i.e. the Muslims). Therefore ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab and some of the Emigrants fought the idolaters till they drove them down the mountain.[Ibn Hisham 2/86]

In Al-Maghazi — a book by Al-Umawi — it is stated that the idolaters went up the mountain. So the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] said to Sa‘d: "Drive them off." "How can I drive them off by myself (i.e. without anyone to assist)." But the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] repeated the phrase three times. Sa‘d then took an arrow out of his quiver, shot it at one of them and killed him. He said: "Then I took another one I know (to be good) and I shot with it another man. Then I took a third I know and killed a third one. Consequently they climbed down the mountain. I said to myself, ‘this must be a blessed arrow.’ I put it in my quiver." He kept it with him till he died. His children kept it with them ever after. [Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/95]
Back to top Go down
http://us2allah.niceboard.net

The Last Attack upon the Muslims
Page 1 of 1