return to allah forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

return to allah forum

Forum comprehensive nature distinct religious

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Killed from both Sides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mahmoud younis
Admin

The Killed from both Sides Empty
PostSubject: The Killed from both Sides   The Killed from both Sides I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:19 am

The outcome of the battle was as aforementioned an ignominious rout for the polytheists and a manifest victory for the Muslims. Fourteen Muslims were killed, of whom six were from the Emigrants and eight from the Helpers. The polytheists sustained heavy casualties, seventy were killed and a like number taken prisoners. Many of the principal men of Makkah, and some of Muhammad [pbuh]’s bitterest opponents, were among the slain. Chief of these was Abu Jahl.

On the third day, the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] went out to look at the slain polytheists, and said:

"What an evil tribe you were as regards your Prophet, you belied me but the others have believed; you let me down while the others have supported me; you expelled me, whereas the others have sheltered me."

He stood over the bodies of twenty-four leaders of Quraish who had been thrown into one of the wells, and started to call them by name and by the names of their fathers, saying: "Would it not have been much better for you if you had obeyed Allâh and His Messenger? Behold, we have found that our Lord’s promise do come true; did you (also) find that the promises of your Lord came true?" Thereupon, ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab said: "O Messenger of Allâh! Why you speak to bodies that have no souls in them?" The Prophet [pbuh] answered: "By Him in Whose hand is Muhammad [pbuh]’s soul! You do not hear better what I am saying than they do."
Back to top Go down
http://us2allah.niceboard.net

The Killed from both Sides
Page 1 of 1